Personality Type Five: The Thinker
The Intellectual, Analytic Type
I now release...
- all fearfulness of the world around me.
- all feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness.
- my fear of being violated or overwhelmed by others.
- my dark and destructive fantasies.
- isolating myself by rejecting others.
- believing that no one can be depended on.
- desiring to antagonize others and ruin their peace of mind.
- being cynical and contemptuous of the normalcy of others.
- fearing that others will exploit me.
- feeling that I am a misfit in life.
- being secretive and hiding from people.
- postponing my emotional needs.
- neglecting my physical health and appearance.
- the agitation and restlessness of my mind.
- feeling that I always need to know more before I do anything.
- avoiding my life by escaping into my mind.
I now affirm...
- that I am secure and grounded in the reality of my own life.
- the strength and wonder of my body.
- the value of my inventiveness and sense of humor.
- that I accept uncertainty and abiguity.
- that my life and struggles are meaningful and rewarding.
- that I have faith in the future and in human beings.
- that I reach out to others confidently as an equal.
- that I find serenity in being compassionate toward others.
- that I support others from the fullness of my heart.
Don Richard Riso
Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages