Personality Type Seven: The Generalist
The Hyperactive, Uninhibited Type
I now release...
- all reckless and destructive impulses.
- feeling that I will be overwhelmed by anxiety.
- all compulsions and addictions.
- burning myself out by trying to satisfy all of my desires.
- running away from the consequences of my actions.
- insulting or abusing others to vent my frustrations.
- allowing my insecurities to drive me into dangerous situations and
- sacrificing my health and happiness for instant gratification.
- being demanding and impatient with others.
- fearing that there will not be enough for me.
- always feeling that I need more.
- wanting every moment to be exciting and dramatic.
- escaping from myself through distractions and constant activity.
- letting my lack of self-discipline ruin my opportunities.
- overextending myself with more than I can do well.
- believing that external things will make me happy.
I now affirm...
- that I am happiest when I am calm and centered.
- that I can say no to myself without feeling deprived.
- that there will be enough for me of whatever I need.
- that I am resilient in the face of setbacks.
- that I find satisfaction in ordinary things.
- that I stay with projects until I complete them.
- that I care deeply about people and am committed to their happiness.
- that there is a spiritual dimension to my life.
- that I am profoundly grateful to be alive.
Don Richard Riso
Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages