Eight: The Confronter
||Need to conquer (Lust for life)
|Illusion of Reality:
||"I will accomplish everything important."
||Work to make the future just
|Approach to Problem Solving:
||Aggressive: "I accomplish."
|Relationship to Life:
||Way of Subjugation: "I meet life head on."
- Do you have clear and firm ideas about what is right and wrong in
that are important to you?
- Do you generally find that you need to be alert for people with hidden
- Do you find that the most irritating and difficult people to deal with
are those who beat around the bush and never directly say what is on their
- Would you agree that indecision is the greatest thief of opportunity
and therefore a valid argument against getting caught in group decision
- Are you at ease in leadership positions and find them falling naturally
into your lap?
- Do you find that others often simply expect or assume that you will
- Do you think of yourself as a practical person who understands what
it takes to get the job done?
- Are you the kind of person who is unafraid to take a stand against
injustice, especially injustice toward people who are unable to defend
- Do you generally express your views just as intensely as you feel them
and even feel exhilirated in a discussion in which everyone disagrees?
Kathleen V. Hurley & Theodore E. Dobson
What's My Type?
Use the Enneagram System of Nine Personality Types to Discover Your Best
HarperSanFrancisco, 1991, 186 pages