Personality Type Eight: The Leader
The Powerful, Dominating Type
I now release...
- all anger, rage, and violence from my life.
- dehumanizing myself by violating others in any way.
- being verbally or physically abusive.
- believing that taking vengeance will free me from my own pain.
- hardening my heart against suffering.
- my fear of ever being vulnerable or weak.
- believing that I do not need others.
- believing that I must bully people to get my way.
- my fear that others will control me.
- feeling that I must only look after myself.
- my fear of losing to anyone.
- feeling that I must never be afraid.
- attempting to control everything in my life.
- allowing my pride and ego to ruin my health and relationships.
- thinking that anyone who does not agree with me is against me.
- being hard-boiled and denying my need for affection.
I now affirm...
- that I believe in people and care about their welfare.
- that I am big-hearted and let others share the glory.
- that I am honorable and therefore worthy of respect.
- that I am most fulfilled by championing others.
- that I have tender feelings and good impulses.
- that I can be gentle without being afraid.
- that I master myself and my own passions.
- that there is an authority greater than me.
- that I love others and ask for their love in return.
Don Richard Riso
Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages