Excerpts from Enneagram Books
Get this book
Personality Type One: The Reformer
The Rational, Idealistic Type
I now release...
- holding myself and others to impossible standards.
- my fear of losing control and becoming irrational.
- my fear of being condemned for being wrong.
- refusing to see my own contradictions.
- rationalizing my own behavior.
- obsessing about things I cannot change.
- all bitterness and disappointment with the world.
- feeling that other people's beliefs and values threaten mine.
- believing that I am in a position to judge others.
- driving myself and others to be perfect.
- ignoring my own emotional and physical distress.
- feeling angry, impatient, and easily annoyed.
- fearing and disowning my body and my feelings.
- allowing my desire for order and efficiency to control my life.
- automatically focusing on what is wrong with things.
- feeling that it is up to me to fix everything.
I now affirm...
- that I can allow myself to relax and enjoy life.
- that the best I can do is good enough.
- that I am grateful that others have many things to teach me.
- that I can make mistakes without condemning myself.
- that my feelings are legitimate and that I have a right to feel them.
- that I treat others with tenderness and respect.
- that I am gentle and forgiving of myself.
- that I am compassionate and forgiving of others.
- that life is good and unfolding in miraculous ways.
Don Richard Riso
Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages