Posted by Shark (220.127.116.11) on September 03, 2003 at 23:14:05:
I'm not sure what type I am--I can see myself as a 4, because I can get emotional, creative, idealistic (so I'm told ^^v), and I'm individualistic. I'm not very self-conscious at all. I can also see myself as a 9 and 5, though.
I was wondering if y'all could answer a few questions...
1) Can you read a description of your own type and think "That's stupid/irrational"?
2) At what age does one's true personality come out?... I've read that teens tend to have problems typing ourselves because we're so young. Maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble?
3) A person I don't know very well says that I'm "scientific and cold," and this is because when I'm at school, I don't like to talk about anything but the task at hand and I can be kinda like a loner--Even the sound of people acting too happy can irritate me. If I have homework, I finish it the day it's assigned. With my close friends, I'm really chipper and laugh a lot. In art trades, I'm really, REALLY slow... I'm not sure why, because I've been told by teachers that I'm a very good artist and I can work fast. My best friend and I make art/comics for each other, but when I stopped the one I was doing to make another one... Well, it's been TWO YEARS. O_o. It's just that... Well, I can't get any good ideas... I'll only see later that it's stupid, you know? ^^v I hate to get her hopes up... "I know this is the one!" The point of this is, it reminds me of what I read somewhere about 4w5 (or was it 5w4?) keeping their private and public life separate. Or is it?...
4) This is unrelated, but it seems that a lot of people dislike 8s. I can understand getting mad if someone gets in your face or is rude just so they can feel cool(I've seen it, but it was NOT an 8). However, I think my best friend and a friend on my team are 8s and they aren't so bad. They're strong, loyal, focused, and have a good sense of humor. They have tempers, but it's only when one goofs around when one should be focused (I strongly agree on this point) or acts like a know-it-all. I don't like it when people get mad at me, but I'd rather have someone who will say stuff to my face than a person who'd just keep quiet and then guilt trip me later. I'm not saying that 8s are saints, but they definitely aren't selfish jerks.
5) I've read that 4s can be very emotional and a bit ashamed of themselves. I get impatient when people put themselves down too much. Can a 4 get impatient with too much angsting?
That's all. ^^ All I know about the Enneagram, I've seen on the Internet, but I'm thinking about getting a book...
Post a Followup